Friday 30 May 2014

#100DAYSOFSUMMER: DAY 60 - CLOSET SWAP

This is a part of the #100DaysOfSummer project of The PR Girl Closet, and we are now on Day 60!

Day 60, 12:00 NN, Philippines 

Isn't it fantastic to live in a tropical country? You can pretty much wear the lightest, most sheer and shortest of outfits. For women my age (I'm already 28 now by the way), we tend to keep everything classy even though our bodies are not that covered up. But when we're at the beach, that's a different story. Back in the city, when I wear the shortest of denim cut-offs, I'll make sure I have my shoulders all covered up. It's just a matter of balancing everything - make sure that you reveal just one body part at a time, don't reveal everything in one go unless you want to get uncomfortable stares from strangers in the streets.


So, I got this exciting email from Jessica Brady of RAISE.COM, inviting me to participate in their fabulous CLOSET SWAP campaign. RAISE.COM is a new marketplace where you can buy discounted gift cards to your favorite brands, and sell your unused gift cards for cash!  From Nordstrom to DSW, Raise has gift cards to meet all your fashion needs. Do you remember those times when you are just clueless about finding a gift for your loved ones or your girl friends? Why not give them a gift card? In that way, they can use these cards to purchase items they actually like. How cool is that?

CLOSET SWAP is an interactive campaign by Raise.com that reaches out to an exclusive set of fashion bloggers worldwide and hear about how how we transition our outfits from rainy days to sunny days. Since I live in a tropical country, it's pretty much sunny all year long. We do have the occasional rainy days but it's mostly summer with temperatures that can go as high as 37°C. So when I shop for clothes - whether it's for work, cocktails, weekends or evening wear - I'll try to make it a point to stay away from heavy garments that will make me melt when the sun strikes at it's strongest. 

My closet is pretty much full of pencil cut dresses and skirts for work, long and breezy maxi dresses for weekends, super short denim cut-offs and sheer tops for casual wear, bikinis and sheer kaftans for beachwear, and short dresses for cocktail. 

In this post, I will show you what are my summer staples and how did I swap my regular wardrobe for one that's more summer-appropriate. Excuse the somewhat blurry photos, I just used my phone to capture most of the shots below.

Enjoy browsing!

Photos by me

No comments:

Post a Comment