Thursday 19 June 2014

#100DAYSOFSUMMER: DAY 79 - INSPIRATION

This is a part of the #100DaysOfSummer project of The PR Girl Closet, and we are now on Day 79!

Day 79, 10AM, Philippines

My mind is flying.

While typing away a bunch of press releases and email blasts for a freelance stint I am doing, checking out Instagram and typing away texts on Facebook group messages like a mad person (yes, I am good at multitasking), I'm seriously contemplating about changes.

I had my long hair cut almost three weeks ago and was very disappointed with the result. The stylist cut a good 4-5 inches off my hair when I specifically told him to cut 2 inches off it. Though people tell me they like it (and was told that it actually looks better on me than my super long hair), I was still disappointed. I was literally staring at myself in the mirror for hours, trying on hair products while brushing my hair in between.

I am kind of lazy when it comes to primping my hair so I want it to be the wash-and-wear kind - you know, when you don't have to do anything but wash, condition and dry it. You don't even have to brush it, let alone put styling products on it. I spend a lot of time doing my no-makeup makeup look and deciding on what to wear when I prepare in the morning so I don't want to put up with fussing over my hair for minutes (or worse, hour).

Then last week, I realized my new hair actually suits my face shape, my entire wardrobe and my new outlook in life (insert LOL emoticon here). It looks fresh and it actually didn't make me look younger, it just gave me a new look, which is good.

So, change is always good. 

That's the thing I realized. It may not look appealing at first but when you try to examine and really look deep into it, it actually does a lot of good for you. When I had to move back to the Philippines, I thought it's such a bad thing to happen to me and I couldn't believe my eyes of what's happening in my life but then now that I'm back here, I realized it's actually even better here.

So, change is always good. Embrace it.

Remember that, when you are contemplating to quit your job to work on your start-up or when you just got a fabulous new 'do that you think looks blah on you. 

PS.
The quote above is a personal favourite; I chanced upon it while browsing through articles online and decided that it will be one of my favourite life quotes from now on. (Apart from change is always good)

No comments:

Post a Comment