Friday 25 April 2014

#100DAYSOFSUMMER: DAY 25 - COCOON

This is a part of the #100DaysOfSummer project of The PR Girl Closet, and we are now on Day 25!

Day 25, 2:00 PM, Fort Canning Park Singapore

Playing dress up was a fun activity when I was a kid. I was never the athletic type of little girl who would ride the bicycle or ask her parents to buy her a pair of rollerblades and go crazy on the village street with wheels beneath her feet. I was always the prim and proper little girl who likes to play with Barbie, huge doll houses, pots and pans and pretend to cook a sumptuous meal for the entire family. And yes, dressing up was a requisite activity of my sister, cousins and I when we were kids.

And never did I ever grew tired of playing dress up. Up until now, everyday is like playing dress up. I dress according to my mood. When I feel happy, I don bright colours or prints depending on the activity of the day; when I feel sexy, I wear my trusted LBD and 5-inch heels; when I feel powerful, I put on a red lip and a pencil cut dress that shows just enough skin. I believe every woman who likes to look good and do the part never outgrown the activity of playing dress up.

And that afternoon when I shoot this beautiful silk number from Simone Irani is one of those days when I take it to the next level and hide behind a mask (which looks pretty funny and/or stupid). I wanted to cover my face to put the focus on the dress. With zero accessories and almost no makeup, we shoot photos in the greens and reds and bricks of Fort Canning Park on a yet another hot humid afternoon.

Photos by Alexandre Lopes





No comments:

Post a Comment