Sunday 25 May 2014

#100DAYSOFSUMMER: DAY 55 - PUERTO GALERA PHOTO DIARY

This is a part of the #100DaysOfSummer project of The PR Girl Closet, and we are now on Day 54!

Day 55, 1:00 PM, Aninuan Beach Puerto Galera

First, I'd like to say sorry to my readers for being on a short (okay that's pretty long) hiatus on blogging for The PR Girl Closet. I've been busy with attending interviews and now that I have a freelance stint, I think I would probably be even more busy than I ever was these past few days. I'm so thrilled to share with you though the snapshots I took on our recent trip to Puerto Galera last week for four days. Describing those four days as amazing is the least I can do. Puerto Galera is gorgeous! Its crystal clear water makes even the most scared hydrophobic like myself turn into a convert and not wanting to get off of the water. The mountains that are lined up along with the coconut trees on the shore make for beautiful postcard-worthy photographs. 

We literally traveled almost the whole day of Saturday but the long journey is so much worth it when we finally get to take a glimpse of the water framed by white sand. We stayed at Talipanan Beach which is a 5-minute tricycle ride from the crowded and lively White Beach. Talipanan Beach is a nice surprise with its peaceful and quiet aura, so much different from the busy White Beach full of bars, restaurants, tourists and fire dancers. I think it's perfect for when you just want to relax and take a break from the hustle and bustle of the city life. It has less than 10 restaurants but that's enough to feed you for the whole of your trip.

Talipanan offers its guests a wide variety of water activities to try such as paragliding, kayaking, banana boat ride and jet skiing. If you're geared towards the more adventurous activities and want to experience nature by itself, you may try going to Talipanan Falls. You would need to hike for a mere 30 to 40 minutes. We did that on the second day and I am so proud of myself for being able to climb all those rocks and hills with nothing but my ballet shoes (haha!). That was the first time in my life that I have ever tried hiking and it's a great feeling when you finally finished the trail (that's the most rewarding part for me actually). We didn't ask for a local guide cause we're pretty sure we can manage to find our way - and yes, we did. Talipanan Falls is small and beautiful! The water is cold but I still tried to stay in for about half an hour as a reward for myself after I climbed all those huge rocks and steep hills.

Aside from Talipanan Falls, there's still one more waterfalls but we didn't go there and instead went to Aninuan Beach, the one in the middle of White and Talipanan beaches. Like Talipanan, Aninuan prides itself of a peaceful and calm setting. Sunsets are best seen on the shores of Aninuan. We did that on the second day after getting little rest from hiking to Talipanan Falls. 

Aninuan and Talipanan are separated by huge rocks. I was confident I could do it since I already manage to climb the steep hills on the way to Talipanan Falls - and not surprisingly, it was way easier to climb. It was low tide when we decided to go back to the resort so it was even easier to climb back to the other side. Since we didn't bring our phones, we weren't able to take photos of the beautiful sunset so we decided to go back the next day. 

The trip was amazing and so much fun! I returned home with skin two shades darker, bruises all over my legs, brittle hair and dry skin but looking at the photos, I can happily tell myself that it was all worth it. 

Photos by me



No comments:

Post a Comment