Thursday 1 May 2014

#100DAYSOFSUMMER: DAY 31 - MAY INSPIRATIONS

This is a part of the #100DaysOfSummer project of The PR Girl Closet, and we are now on Day 31!

Day 31, 9:00 PM, Laguna, Philippines

Goodbye April and hello May! As the 2nd month of the 2nd quarter of the year starts, I stared down the laptop, closed LinkedIn and Gmail tabs and opened a new one where I typed May Inspirations. Then I found myself browsing through the 1st Google page result for less than a minute. I finally clicked on a link that forwarded me to Pinterest and right there, the pins of beaches, couples kissing, women in heavy makeup and healthy recipes looked back at me. I scrolled down and further down but none of these images really caught my attention until I decided to think of typing down each and every single item that serves as my inspirations for the month of May. And then it all boils down to this...


Facts:

1. May is the month of flowers, a time when flowers bloom and trees just bear fruits. So apart from sun tan and beach holidays, I always associate May with flowers. 

2. I am partial to putting your best face forward (especially these past few days when I attend interviews to bag that potential fantastic career opportunity)...

3. ...but putting your best face forward doesn't mean masking your natural beauty with endless jars and pots of face powders, blushers and eye makeup. 

4. I am a huge fan of natural beauty. Although I like putting on makeup whenever I go out of the house, I like keeping it to a minimum and just a dash of eyeliner here, groomed eyebrows there and a shade of lipstick. These days I almost always put on the dark plum lip with kohl-lined eyes and nothing more. 

5. The dark lip screams confidence and power. 

6. Messy bun = bedroom hair. Bedroom hair = sexy. If only math is as simple as this...

7. There's nothing more captivating than a woman in a two-piece suit - whether it's a pant suit or skirt suit. 

8. If you go for a white suit, you score double points in the fashion department.

9. Cat eye sunnies have a certain sophisticated allure in them; it reminds me of the glamorous era of the '50s. Aviators, on the other hand, has a certain masculine appeal in them that makes it sexy and unpredictable.

10. The healthy bandwagon is nothing new; if you haven't jumped on the bandwagon yet then it's never too late. I'm not gonna be a total hypocrite and pretend that I am a huge follower but I incorporate healthy habits in my every day life - whether it's drinking an all-natural juice with no sugar and other additives or eating as much green leafy vegetables as I can in each meal. Sure, I won't give up the tempting greasy foods like pizza, chips and burgers but I try to limit its intake.

11. Pinterest is a great way to start jumping on to this healthy bandwagon. With the advent of healthy easy-to-follow recipes complete with beautiful photos, you've got no excuse to make yourself a decent, healthy meal starting today.

12. Instagram still continues to take up some time of my day (nothing new here actually).

13. Karlie Kloss is the bomb! 

14. Backless top is undeniably the most liberating item of clothing ever invented. 

15. When did it ever became okay not to wear a bra outside? Well, the moment the backless top (or dress or jumpsuit) was introduce to the market.

16. Diving (and kissing while you're at it) is one of the most fun and romantic activities you and your partner can do this summer.

17. Margaret Zhang continues to inspire me to write in the most creative way (and to be proud of your twins... or lack thereof).

18. It's okay to be obsessed in one thing; anyway, obsessed is the word the lazy ones use to describe the dedicated.

19. All-day breakfast is another breakthrough in the food industry. I salute all cafe and restaurant owners who serve pancakes at 2:00 in the afternoon!

20. Why fit in when you were born to stand out?

Photos from Pinterest





No comments:

Post a Comment