Wednesday 30 April 2014

#100DAYSOFSUMMER: DAY 30 - APRIL

This is a part of the #100DaysOfSummer project of The PR Girl Closet, and we are now on Day 30!

Day 30, 5:00 PM, Laguna, Philippines

Today's the last day of April and tomorrow, we will be facing a new month again. New month, new start. This is my mantra when I start a new something - whether it's a new day or new job, anything. Everyday, I am thankful that I'm still alive the moment I wake up 'cause that means God is still giving me another chance to live and make my dreams come true. I am thankful for April although this month has been not too lucky career-wise but it doesn't mean that it's the end of the world. An ending gives way to a new beginning and I'm thankful for every little thing that I experience each and every day.
I'm thankful for my experience in Singapore cause I learned a lot from it and it honed me into this person that I am now. I'm now not scared to travel alone, try new things or take risks from small things to huge matters that require a lot of time thinking and deciding. I learned to be more independent, I am now twice as confident as I was two years ago, and I am now way better in making decisions. 

April made me think about a lot of things - from career to personal life matters. It was indeed stressful when you are chasing for something and keeps on failing but trust me, that experience will make you an improved version of yourself - a better, more confident and smarter individual. I learned how to accept changes (even those changes that I initially thought won't be good like moving back to the Philippines) and adapt to these changes easily. I became quicker in thinking of an alternative plan if my Plan A won't work and most importantly, I became even closer to my family.

Now that April has come to an end, I am really excited for the next set of changes that will come. I'm excited for what May has in store for me. I'm so looking forward to the next events in my life - whether it's bagging a fantastic job offer or getting together with old friends whom I haven't seen for over two years now.

It's always great to have something to look forward to. I remember Matthew McConaughey's speech when he accepted the Best Actor Award at the Oscar's. He said in his life, he has three things that he considers to be essential - something to look up to, something to look forward to, and someone to chase. Something to look up to is God, something to look forward to is his family, and someone to chase is his hero, which is himself 10 years from now. His hero is always 10 years away, which is impossible to achieve but that's okay cause that's what keeps him with somebody to keep on chasing to.

So to us who still haven't achieved the ultimate dream, remember that tomorrow is a new day and a new beginning. We still have that chance in achieving that dream!

Here, I'm sharing with you the photos I posted in the first 30 days of summer. I'm looking forward to the next 30 days!




No comments:

Post a Comment