Friday 11 July 2014

AN AFTERNOON WITH CUPCAKES


Living in the South has its ups and downs. The nicest advantage is that we don't have to deal with the unbelievably annoying traffic in the metro and obviously, the air is cleaner in this side. SLEX is friendlier to motorists most of the time, unlike EDSA who likes to annoy its everyday commuters. The disadvantage is that we don't have a lot of options for shopping and dining. The friendly Alabang Town Center is - thank God - a half an hour drive (or less on non-rush hours) away from Laguna. One afternoon my college friend Ronet and I went there to have a sweet slice (or two) of cupcakes, a cup of coffee, do a little bit of shopping and loads of catching up.


We call each other sis since we were in college. We used to go to the same university and stayed in the same neighborhood on some years in college. She got married pretty early and I was her maid of honor. Back then, mint green in the shiniest of cloth material is considered to be pretty to wear on weddings. I can't find the old photos cause I didn't manage to keep some and Facebook is still non-existent during that time (God I feel old when I wrote that. Haha!)

Our first stop was Vanilla Cupcake Bakery for a quick coffee and a good calorie-loaded cupcake that is just too pretty to eat. My mind is telling me to skip the cupcake but they have this inviting appeal that just lures you into buying one or two. I gave in to my inevitable craving and had their salted caramel cupcake. I don't know if I'm just getting too old for super sweet cupcakes or my taste buds just don't like the idea of marrying this too-sweet cupcake with the unbelievably sweet cup of coffee, but I didn't manage to finish everything I ordered.

I just have to say the interior of this cupcake shop is too pretty. It's reminiscent of a little girly girl's room filled with coloured tables and chairs in striped baby blue covers. It looks like a Kamiseta boutique cause apparently they are both ran by the same group of company.

Here, I'm sharing with you some snapshots of us during that literally sweet afternoon.


Photos by me and Ronet 

No comments:

Post a Comment