Thursday 24 July 2014

MINIMALIST

I've always been an advocate of minimalist dressing. I adore dresses with clean lines and silhouettes, tops with no prints and in serious plain colours of either black, white, royal blue, deep red, emerald green or the requisite nudes like beige, off white and ecru. When it comes to accessories, I also tend to go to the minimalist route. Sure there were times when I feel like stacking huge bangles that resemble too heavy and chunky for my skinny wrists but these bangles come in the boldest plain colours with no prints or texture whatsoever. I have an eternal rule for shoes - they should be plain, at least 4 inches in height, and as much as possible, come in pointed toes (no open, rounded or square toe box for me as these tend to make my feet look fat). I have a long and lasting fashion love affair with minimalist dressing. Lately, I've been obsessing over thin necklaces in the daintiest designs ever.

Unlike shoes and pencil skirts, fine jewellery isn't my thing. I'm actually thankful for this fact as I can just imagine how damn expensive it will be if I am into jewellery too. Lately though, I've been crushing over thin necklaces. This obsession began when I came across Gorjana and By Charlotte Instagram accounts. 

The beauty about these thin necklaces is that you can layer them or go all-out minimalist by wearing just one necklace at a time. The best part is that they go fabulous with anything - from long gowns to men's shirts, from camisoles to button-downs, from round neck tees to tube rompers. They make an outfit look classy and simple. 

There are loads of online jewellery retailers that sell thin necklaces (and bracelets and rings to match). Give those fingers a workout by checking out Finer Rings from Australia; they have an amazing collection of minimalist jewellery too. 

Photos by me


No comments:

Post a Comment