Tuesday 9 December 2014

SERIOUS


Chic corporate dressing is something that I’ve always liked to achieve on a daily basis. Having to work on a semi-relaxed corporate setting, I have the freedom to wear anything I want, as long as it’s not vulgar and it still looks serious. My job requires me to be on meetings several times a week – some are not scheduled ahead of time – so I have to make sure that I look professional at all times, but that didn’t restrict me from incorporating my own style into my every day work look.

I guess grace comes with age. As I age, I realize my style becomes more and more subtle, ladylike and sophisticated in terms of colours, cut and prints. I used to wear chunky platform sandals when I was in my early 20s but now a simple pump with no less than 4-inch heels appeal to me the most. Shopping for corporate dressing isn’t a chore since there are a lot of boutiques out there that offer myriad of choices for the modern corporate fashionista. One of the shops that I always go for when it comes to corporate wear and street wear is Mango. Mango has been always in my radar for their gorgeous collections of jackets, blazers, tapered trousers, bejeweled camis and sleek A-line dresses.

One of my latest purchases from Mango is this sleek red dress that I find perfect for the office. Its tapered design doesn’t overwhelm my small frame and the colour is that kind of red that further warms up my skin tone. I paired it with a fab bargain find I bought from a shop in Glorietta one Friday evening with my colleague-friend Alex. 

I'd like to share with you the story behind these photos. I've always planned to have my photos professionally-taken but always failed to do so mainly because I don't have the time to shoot and secondly, I don't know anyone who can take them. Luckily, I found someone who can take them a little over a month ago and I finally had the time to shoot for the blog. My good friend Carson Flores did my makeup for this shoot. He did a dramatic look that is not overwhelming. I am so used to the no-makeup makeup look. I just put my signature cat eye, powder and nude or pink lipstick and that's it, so this look is perfect cause it's not too made up. It was also my first time to try  wearing fake eyelashes. At first, I find it a bit heavy and it seemed like it was covering half of my eyes. Haha! But I eventually got used to them. 

I hope you like the photos as much as I do. 



Dress by Mango

No comments:

Post a Comment