Sunday 27 April 2014

#100DAYSOFSUMMER: DAY 27 - FASHION BLOGGER

This is a part of the #100DaysOfSummer project of The PR Girl Closet, and we are now on Day 27!

Day 27, 5:00 PM, Laguna, Philippines

Writing is the writer's way to express his/her emotions the same way as what songs are to singers. I started my first fashion blog when I was in my mid-20s mainly because I wanted to be a fashion editor and due to my background (graduated with a degree in Philosophy and a minor in Communication Arts with zero experience in editorial, save for those years when I was a Feature Editor of the high school newspaper but that didn't count), I ended up working in PR (which I realized, later on, that it's what I really want to do). But I didn't wanna give up on the dream of writing about fashion trends, insights about the industry and things in between, hence the birth of my first fashion blog. 

My blog served as a fashion diary and a medium to document my love affair with fashion. Less than a year later, I had to stop due to lack of time and content. For a new blogger like me, it is indeed difficult to get content to populate your blog. I have a lot of concepts that I can think of but the main problem is I do not have someone who will take my photos all the time. This is where PR professionals come in the picture. PR pros provide bloggers (and writers) fabulous content to populate their blogs. It's definitely a win-win situation since the PR pro get the publicity and coverage they need to get for their clients while the blogger and writer get something to write about that is relevant to what's happening at any given time.

More and more fashion bloggers (or any kind of blogger for that matter) have become successful by just documenting fashion shows, society events, new (innovative?) product in the market, trends or their daily #OOTD. 

Example is the internationally famous Italian blogger Chiara Ferragni of The Blonde Salad who now owns her eponymous shoe collection label and a jewellery line apart from her branding agency which she co-founded with some friends. She also collaborates with designers and fashion labels and produce a capsule collection from time to time. Another is the Australian blogger Jessica Stein of Tuula Vintage who travels the world to collaborate with high-end fashion houses. Filipino blogger Bryan Grey Yambao or Bryanboy is an international sensation because of his witty, no-boundaries blog posts. 

My favourite fashion bloggers are Jessica Stein of Tuula Vintage for her feminine, sophisticated, very classy style; Margaret Zhang of Shine by Three for her fantastic writing, photography and digital skills, Nicole Warne of Gary Pepper Girl for her sophisticated vintage style. She's the one responsible for the comeback of knee-length pencil skirts and court pumps in my wardrobe. 

So back to my problem of not having someone to photograph me and help me bring the creative ideas come to life, this is one of the many days when I can't convince anyone to take my photos (haha!) hence the old photo above that I took in my second blog post for The PR Girl Closet. So to those reading this until this very sentence, if you want to help me in this matter, please let me know as soon as possible (like NOW). Haha!

Have a great week ahead to all! X




No comments:

Post a Comment